Thursday, September 25, 2008

My first day (Dec 18, 2007)

Today is the first day to work in DIR. I went directly to Janta Colony, which is a slum for poor people near the city of Chandigarh. DIR has been working in this area for 2 years and made certain contributions especially to small kids and pregnant women. To change the poor situation of a area it is better to teach people how to find a solution than giving them solutions. So we trainees are mainly responsible for changing the people's attittude. Tough job it is, all the team is confident because we believe that if we dont do anything the situation can be worse. So I decided to do sth with young men here who have been very lazy and not willing to work.

Tomorrow I am going to work with Lieke, a Dutch girl who had been here for 3 months on this project.

Things are new here yet similar as in China, I think I can do my best as a Chinese here.
God, everyday is new to me, how can I have enough time talking with all of you? Wish I had 3 heads and 6 arms.

No comments: