Thursday, September 25, 2008

In Incredible India-1 (Dec 15th, 2007)

Have so much to share with you, the first day in India was like I have never left China since except for languages and the skin complexion, we people seem to be the same.
\
Delhi is old and foggy, cold in the dim light with a bustling of cars on the narrow streets. I mistook it as some medium size towns in central China at first sight, nothing too vivid. Then I saw the people, the crowd awaiting outside the airport(which is pretty old), the drivers who wave heads when they wanted to confirm their idea, the huge Devanagari ads outside a small stores, I realized I am, finally, here in India.
The first night is quite peaceful, little bit tired (2 and a half hours later then China) after 6 hours and a half on the plane so I took a quick shower and went to bed. My watch points at 2:04 am (4:34 am BJ Time).
Next day, Ankur's mum knocked at my door at 8 sharp, serving me with hot tea and biscuit, felt so warm. Finished it quickly (I really did some preparation before coming to India so I know some rituals and the fact that tea is a daily need here) I took a walk with Ankur's dad in the small playground near the mansion. Delhi again welcomed me with thick fog and dry weather, but the cold air completely woke me up. My first Indian breakfast was bread, orange juice, onion salad with cooked tomato thick sauce, started to feel a little ache on my teeth. Anur's family was so kind that they even provided me the food on my way to Chandigarh. Suffered from a stomache, I only MISSY some fruits. Again, everyone drank tea when the bus stopped over at a resort for toilet.
Reached Chandigarh at 5:15pm local time and met with Tusharp, so nice to have an AIESECer recieved you because you can easly find a topic to chat. But we chatted too excitedly that he nearly crashed the car into another. His house is one of the typical dettached mansions in this City of Beautiful, 2 floors with a courtyard in a tranquil community named MANI MAJARA. At 9 pm I had another homemade India vegi dinner.
Toothache woke me up this morning and gave me the chance to write down my story in India, haha. Hope our Chinese medicine can cure Indian toothache. I feel too much heat in my body!!! You guys know what I mean lar!
Take care of yourself my dear friends.

No comments: