Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Simpler Mind

Alwis sent me a link of 200 Sites that Gives you Knowledge, in which WiZiQ was also listed.

While surfing and taking a look at other stuff on the list, I came across a site called Lookybook, which provides e-version of many picture books for children. Service is really creative, you can view all the books there, but to read in full size, you to pay for it.


I was totally soaked in the books, with simple stories, simple lines and simple minds. Tears nearly came out because I haven't read something so real and simple for probably 5 centuries. I don't mind being a kid and read all these books everyday. The older we get, the colder we become. I don't know since when I have forgotten the dreams I used to have, the wish I used to make and the people I used to be so close to. These little picture books really bring me back to those days without worry and anxiety.

Nostalgia is a patent for grown-ups, but we can still dream right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Stan! And I remember you telling me about this site and I never got to look at it. But I agree with you about getting old. I've always felt there was something a little sad about parts of growing up. It's almost as if we learn more, but feel less. And I don't want that to happen. I like that childish part of me that dreams. I think the ability to hold onto that is something really special... and it's certainly what I aspire to...